IVCA Honors 2021 Awardees at December 6th Dinner
December 22, 2021
IVCA was privileged to honor the 2021 IVCA Awardees and acknowledge their accomplishments on Monday, December 6th at the 20th Annual IVCA Awards Dinner sponsored by Kirkland & Ellis LLP.Attendees enjoyed the evening which included a Cocktail Reception, sponsored by White & Case, followed by dinner and the Awards presentation, and closing with the Dessert Reception. Emceed by Jennifer Steans, Financial Investments Corp., IVCA Vice Chairperson, the program featured the presentation of four Awards.
In order of presentation, please enjoy the thoughts and comments of our presenters and awardees in the video links (click on the Awardee’s name) below.
- Begin with the welcome from Jennifer Steans, Financial Investments Corp., IVCA Chairperson
- Venture Capital Portfolio Company of the Year recipient: Factor
- Richard J. Daley Award recipient: Linda L. Darragh, Kellogg School of Management Emerita
- Private Equity Portfolio Company of the Year recipient: Option Care Health
- IVCA Fellows Award recipient: Rocco J. Martino, OceanM19
Click here for pictures from the event!
The awards presented were:
- The IVCA Fellows Award which recognizes an individual for their outstanding contributions to the venture capital and private equity profession and to the Illinois Venture Capital Association (IVCA).
- Richard J. Daley Award which acknowledges a single individual who has given direct and extraordinary support to the State of Illinois by participating in or being an advocate for the venture capital and private equity industry.
- The Portfolio Companies of the Year are issued to 2 companies, a venture capital-backed and a private equity backed IL company based on a realized liquidity event (in 2020 or 2021) which was a successful exit for investors.
IVCA gratefully acknowledges the continued support of our sponsors for this event:
- Presenting sponsor: Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Cocktail Reception/Platinum sponsor: White & Case, LLP
- Platinum sponsor: Kutchins, Robbins & Diamond, Ltd.
- Platinum sponsor: Financial Investments Corp.
- Platinum sponsor: PwC
- Gold sponsors:
- 50 South Capital
- Adams Street Partners
- Baker Tilly
- Growth Catalyst Partners
- Kellogg School of Management
- Locke Lord
- Madison Dearborn Partners
- Mayer Brown
- McDermott Will & Emery
- Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg
- Northern Trust
- OCA Ventures
- Origin Ventures
- Plante Moran
- Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Prairie Capital
- Pritzker Group Venture Capital
- Pritzker Private Capital
- RSM US LLP
- Shore Capital Partners
- Thoma Bravo
- Vedder Price
Leave a Comment